Edelweiss Introduced Health 241
Hyderabad, January 08, 2019: Edelweiss General Insurance Company Limited has introduced a unique add-on, Health 241, for its health insurance policy. Literally meaning 'two for one', if this add-on is bought along with the Edelweiss Health Insurance Policy, and if the first year is claim free, the customer is covered absolutely free for the second year! This is a first of its kind feature to be introduced by any insurance company in India.
Health 241 can be added on whenever Anyone purchases a new Edelweiss Health Insurance Policy for the first time (Individual / Floater). This premium waiver benefit is currently applicable during the first renewal of the policy if there is no claim paid/payable during the first year.
Commenting on the launch, Anup Rau, CEO of Edelweiss General Insurance said, 'India is a price sensitive country where insurance is still considered as an additional expense. Through research we found out that price continues to be one of the barriers to purchase a health insurance. In particular younger people do not buy health insurance as they believe that they are healthy and unlikely to claim. Our Health 241 add-on is an attempt to show value to these customers so they start their health insurance journey early. If there are no claims in the first year, they can take the next year for granted with us.'
With this rider, all the benefits of the current health insurance policy will be carried onto the claim-free year
Health 241 is an addition to many innovative features & services that Edelweiss General Insurance has introduced in the last one year:
- First in the industry to introduce service innovations like Zero Discharge time and Guaranteed Bed
- The company guarantees its customers 'ZERO' discharge time for a total of 19 procedures
- Guaranteed bed feature ensures that the policy holder will surely get a bed in select hospitals listed under the health insurance policy
- With Zero Deposit feature, policy holders of Edelweiss Health Insurance, don't have to pay the deposit amount at the time of admission in select hospitals.
- A comprehensive health insurance policy, loaded with customer friendly features
- A choice of 3 plans ' Silver, Gold and Platinum ' with cover up to Rs. 1 Crore
- Up to 8 members (including parents, parents-in-law, grandparents and siblings) covered under the individual variant and up to 5 members under the family floater variant (including the policyholder, spouse and three kids)
- Covers AYUSH treatment up to 100% of the sum insured, recognizing the emerging trend of alternative therapies like Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Unani
- Day care surgeries, which form a huge portion of all hospital treatment, are covered for over 388 ailments, up to the full sum insured
- Covers bariatric surgery for weight reduction. One of the few in the market to offer this feature
- This policy also rewards the noble act of organ donation, by covering the donor's hospitalization cost up to Rs. 2 Lakh
- Covers maternity expenses for any two deliveries
- No Claim Bonus increases the sum insured after every claim-free year up to a maximum of 100%
- Restoration and Recharge benefits available, in case the sum insured is exhausted
About Edelweiss General Insurance
Edelweiss General Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd., one of India leading diversified financial services group. Launched in 2018, the company aims to change the way people look at insurance and vice versa. This will be done through designing innovative products that are based on real needs of customers and backing them up with service that is prompt, friendly and caring. Edelweiss General Insurance believes in a customer centric approach and thus, is simplifying insurance through easy understanding of policies and feature rich products, while helping customers with expert advice and technological enhancements to fulfil their everyday needs.
News Posted: 8 January, 2019