Power line snaps, two farmers, lineman electrocuted
Eluru, Oct 26 (INN): Three persons including a lineman were electrocuted after coming in contact with live wires Thogummi village in Kovvur mandal in the West Godavari district on Tuesday. According to police, two farmers were electrocuted after they came in contact with a power line that had snapped and fell into a field.
Villagers called in the electricity department who sent a lineman to repair the snapped wire in the field which was wet due to the incessant rains lashing the district. The lineman also came in contact with a live wire while repairing the snapped power lines and was electrocuted. Officials from Electricity Board visited the village to collect first hand information. The identities of victims are yet to be ascertained, police stated and shifted the bodies to the hospital.
News Posted: 26 October, 2010
Be first to comment on this News / Article!