TANA Science Speech Olympiad
Novi, MI, December 17th, 2018: Telugu Association of North America (TANA) in association with Science Gurus is starting an annual Science Speech Olympiad to develop and encourage interest in science among middle and high school students and help them develop their public speaking skills.
Science Speech Olympiad is an annual competition for middle and high school students organized by Science Gurus and TANA to show case their knowledge of science through public speaking.
* Teams of 4 students from the same school can participate in the competition.
* The competition is open to teams from across the USA.
* The competition is divided into 2 divisions:
- Senior (Grades 10-12)
- Junior (Grades 7-9)
* Up to 20 teams can participate in each division.
* Students will speak on the assigned topics in Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
* There are 2 rounds to the competition:
* Preliminary round
- 2-3 topics in each subject will be announced prior to the competition.
- Actual topic for presentation in each subject will be revealed at the competition.
- Each team member will speak on 1 of the 4 subjects of the given topic.
- Students may use a poster board to aid in their presentations.
- Top 4-6 teams from each division will advance to Final Round.
- Team scores will be based on cummulative score of the 4 team members
* Final round
- Teams to prepare ahead on the published topic.
- All 4 students from each team will present a seminar on the given topic.
- All 4 subjects (Math, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) must be covered in the seminar.
- The seminar must be in the form of a powerpoint presentation.
- Individual subject and team prizes will be awarded based on cumulative scores.
* 2019 Topics:
- For Jr. Div. click here: http://www.sciencegurus.org/resources/SSO_Topics_Junior_Team-v2.pdf
- For Sr. Div. click here: http://www.sciencegurus.org/resources/SSO_Topics_Senior_Team-v2.pdf
The inaugural event will be held on Saturday, Feb 2, 2019 at American High School in Fremont, CA.
Online registration opens on November 8th, 2018.
For more details about the event...please contact the following TANA volunteers:
Vinay Parachuri @ 510-579-7650 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Jithendra Kottapalli at 510-499-8463
Srikanth Koneru at 650-391-5055
News Posted: 18 December, 2018