Three children die after eating contaminated food
Vijayawada, April 26 (INN): Three children who had taken ill after consuming food from a roadside eatery died due to food poisoning while doctors are trying to save ten others at the Vijayawada, Eluru and Nuzvid Government Hospitals on Tuesday.
Sub-Inspector Bhanuprasad of Nuzvid Rural police stations identified the three children who died on Tuesday as have been identified Kasinikarla Varalakshmi (15) Songa Sravanthi (6) and Visanpalli Deepthi (18 months). Deepthi died while on the way to Pinnamaneni Hospital while the other two children died while undergoing treatment at the Eluru Government Hospital.
Mr Bhanuprasad revealed that about 15 children had taken their breakfast at a roadside tiffin centre on the Hanuman Junction to Nuzvid road at Mirzapuram village in Nuzvid mandal of Krishna district early on Tuesday.
The children complained of vomiting soon after consuming the food and were rushed to the hospital. The SI told INN that five of the ten children are in a critical condition while the condition of the rest has been described as stable.
Mr Bhanuprasad said that the owner of the roadside tiffin centre Nagamani has been taken into custody. On getting news of the tragedy, district Collector SAM Rizvi rushed to the Eluru Government Hosptial and assured the anxious relatives of help and best possible medical care.
News Posted: 26 April, 2011
Be first to comment on this News / Article!