Fire ravages cotton mill, Rs.40 lakh property destroyed
Warangal, Nov 26 (INN): In a major fire accident which occurred in a cotton mill, at least 200 bales of cotton were reduced to ashes at Gorrekunta village, Geesukonda mandal in Warangal district, in wee hours of Friday. According to Sub-Inspector Satyanarayana, the fire ravaged the Jayalakshmi Cotton Industries at around 2:30 AM in the morning. Short-circuit was stated to be the reason behind the fire. Mr Satyanarayana revealed that some cotton got stuck in the motor used to roll the conveyor belt into the shredder. This resulted in the motor getting stuck and overheating, igniting the cotton.
The fire soon spread and engulfed the mill within a short time. The fire was noticed by neighbours who alerted the police and fire personnel. The police revealed that it took the firefighters around three hours to bring the flames under control. Two fire engines were pressed into service, Mr Satyanarayana revealed. According to preliminary estimates the property loss was put around Rs 40 lakh. A case has been registered.
News Posted: 26 November, 2010
Be first to comment on this News / Article!